We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Eggplant caviar is a good addition to main dishes. It is used as a snack or part of sandwiches. To prepare a delicious dish, recipes "Lick your fingers" are used.
Eggplant caviar is stored for a long time, so it is used for homemade preparations. To prepare it, you will need special dishes and fresh vegetables. A meat grinder or blender will help to add the required consistency.
The benefits and harms of eggplant caviar
Eggplant is a low-calorie food. They contain vitamins, carotene and trace elements (potassium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus). During heat treatment, some of the useful properties are lost.
Eggplant caviar brings undoubted benefits to the body:
- improves blood composition;
- due to potassium it helps to normalize water balance;
- has a positive effect on the work of the intestines;
- removes toxins and toxins;
- due to iron it promotes hematopoiesis.
Advice! It is better to refuse to eat eggplants if you have stomach problems.
Eggplant caviar is included in the dietary menu. Due to fiber, this product is able to remove excess fluid from the body.
Young eggplants are chosen for the preparation of caviar. Overripe fruits contain an increased amount of solanine, a substance that causes poisoning. When it enters the body, vomiting, colic, diarrhea, convulsions, shortness of breath appear.
To prepare delicious eggplant caviar, you need to adhere to certain principles:
- Before cooking, you need to thoroughly wash all vegetables and cut according to the recipe.
- For cooking, select dishes made of cast iron or steel. Thick-walled containers prevent components from burning. With uniform heating of vegetables, caviar acquires a good taste.
- Caviar is prepared from young eggplants, which are cleared of seeds.
- Additional ingredients (tomatoes, carrots, onions, garlic) are added to the dish.
- Carrots will help make caviar sweeter.
- The taste of a dish can be adjusted with spices, salt and sugar.
- When canning, lemon juice or vinegar is added to the blanks.
- Caviar for the winter is placed in glass jars, which are preliminarily heat-treated.
- It is recommended to boil the lids for cans before screwing them in.
- Hot jars with caviar are turned over and covered with a blanket until they cool completely.
Eggplant caviar "Lick your fingers" is prepared according to the following recipe:
- Eggplants in the amount of 2.5 kg are peeled and cut into cubes.
- One kilogram of onion is cut into strips and fried in a pan.
- 0.5 kg of carrots are grated and added to the onion for further frying.
- The vegetables are fried for 10 minutes, then the eggplants are added.
- For half an hour, the vegetable mixture is simmered over low heat, then diced tomatoes (1.5 kg) are added to it.
- The vegetable mass remains on low heat for 50 minutes. To get a thicker consistency, you can increase the braising time.
- From spices, you can add 6 black peppercorns and 2 bay leaves. Sugar and salt can be used to make caviar sweeter or saltier.
To significantly simplify the process of making caviar from eggplant "Lick your fingers" will help the use of the oven:
- For cooking, you need 4 eggplants and 3 medium-sized peppers, which must be wrapped in aluminum foil. Vegetables are placed in the oven for half an hour.
- Then take 5 tomatoes, on which cross-shaped cuts are made. The tomatoes are dipped in boiling water for a few minutes, after which they are removed and peeled. The pulp is grated or a mushy mass is obtained using a blender.
- Remove the peppers and eggplants from the oven and cool. Peppers are peeled and cut into small pieces.
- Eggplants are peeled in the same way. Young vegetables can be chopped immediately. More mature eggplants are put under a press to get rid of the bitter juice. After that, the vegetables are also cut.
- 2 onions need to be peeled and finely chopped. The resulting mass is fried in a pan for 2 minutes.
- Pepper is added to the onion, after which it is fried for 2 minutes.
- Eggplant can be added to the vegetable mixture. The dish should be simmered for no more than 4 minutes.
- Then tomatoes are added to the caviar, mixed and left to simmer over low heat for an hour.
- During this time, you need to finely chop the garlic, which, along with pepper and salt, is added to the caviar.
- Tomatoes can add a sour taste to the dish. It can be neutralized with sugar.
- Jars are filled with ready-made caviar or served as a snack on the table.
Eggplant caviar for the winter "You will lick your fingers" can be prepared with the addition of pepper:
- One and a half kilograms of eggplants must be thoroughly washed and peeled and cut into small pieces. Place the vegetable slices in a deep bowl, cover with salt and leave for 30 minutes.
- During this time, juice will be released, which gives the eggplant bitterness. The liquid is poured out of the container, and the eggplants themselves are thoroughly washed.
- Carrots (0.3 kg is enough) are peeled and then cut into strips. Then you need to finely chop the onions.
- Fry the carrots in a skillet for a few minutes, until tender.
- Then you need to cut two peppers into small pieces, after removing the seeds.
- Four tomatoes are placed in boiling water, after which they are peeled off. The pulp must be grated or chopped in a blender.
- Onions are added to the carrots in the pan, fried and chopped peppers are added. Simmer the mixture over low heat until the vegetables are tender.
- The next step is to add the eggplant slices. The caviar is left to stew for 15 minutes.
- Then tomatoes are added to the dish. Stir the mixture for 15 minutes and simmer over low heat.
- Garlic (2 cloves), salt and pepper will help improve the taste of caviar.
- Ready vegetables are turned through a meat grinder or chopped in a blender.
Caviar with mushrooms
Eggplant caviar for the winter "Lick your fingers" is prepared with the addition of mushrooms:
- Three large eggplants are cut lengthwise into two parts. One bell pepper is cut into four parts and the seeds are removed.
- Eggplants and peppers are placed on a baking sheet, which is pre-greased with sunflower oil. You can put 5 cloves of garlic on top.
- In this form, vegetables are baked for 25 minutes.
- Onions and carrots are cut separately and fried in a pan.
- Five tomatoes are dipped in boiling water, then the skins are removed. The tomato pulp is cut into pieces and added to carrots and onions.
- Mushrooms are fried separately, which are pre-cut into cubes. For caviar, you can use mushrooms in the amount of 10 pieces.
- Vegetables are removed from the oven and take time to cool down.
- The contents of the frying pan, where the carrots, onions and mushrooms were fried, are moved into a separate pan. Stew the vegetable mixture within 5 minutes.
- Peppers and eggplants are peeled and the flesh is cut into cubes. Then they are added to the pot to the main vegetables.
- The caviar is left for 20 minutes over low heat.
- At the stage of readiness, add spices, sugar and herbs to taste.
In the process of preparing eggplant caviar, the quality of the vegetables used is taken into account. The most delicious blanks are obtained with the use of young eggplants. To speed up the process, you can put the eggplant in the oven.
Carrots, peppers, mushrooms help to give the caviar a special taste. If necessary, you can add spices or herbs to the dish.