We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
When used correctly, unripe tomatoes become an integral part of the home harvest. A spicy green tomato appetizer is made with hot peppers and garlic cloves. If you want to get a snack with a sweetish flavor, then add bell peppers or carrots.
For processing, fruits of a light green, almost white hue are selected. The rich green color of the fruit indicates the content of toxic substances in them.
Green Tomato Snack Recipes
Green tomato appetizer is obtained by pickling vegetables, which are cut into pieces and poured over with marinade. Tomatoes are pickled whole, cut into pieces or stuffed with garlic and herbs. Another option for obtaining a vegetable snack is to heat all components. For long-term storage, it is recommended to add some vinegar to the snack.
Garlic and Onion Recipe
The simplest unripe tomato snack option requires few ingredients. It is enough to add a little garlic, onions and herbs.
Features of processing green tomatoes with garlic are given below:
- Three kilograms of unripe tomatoes must be washed. If large specimens come across, then it is better to cut them so that they are better salted.
- Cherry and currant leaves, dry dill inflorescences, peppercorns and garlic cloves are distributed in glass jars.
- Then unripe tomatoes are placed tightly.
- Place several onion rings on top.
- Three liters of water are boiled on the burner, where 10 tablespoons of granulated sugar and a couple of tablespoons of salt are added.
- When boiling begins, the stove is turned off and a glass of vinegar is added to the brine.
- Jars of vegetables are poured with liquid until cooling has occurred.
- Add two tablespoons of sunflower oil to each container.
- The jars are closed with lids and moved to a cool place after cooling.
Recipe with cilantro and hot pepper
A pungent appetizer is made from unripe tomatoes, to which cilantro and chilean pepper are added. The procedure for obtaining it consists of certain stages:
- Half a kilo of unripe tomatoes are cut into quarters. For this recipe, fruits are suitable, which begin to appear brown.
- A bunch of cilantro should be finely chopped.
- Chilean pepper pod and garlic cloves are minced in a meat grinder.
- The crushed ingredients are mixed and transferred to a jar.
- To prepare the marinade, they put a liter of water on the stove, be sure to add a tablespoon of salt.
- After the liquid boils, add a large spoonful of vinegar.
- Vegetables are poured with marinade liquid, then the jar is treated for 15 minutes in a water bath.
Bell pepper recipe
A very tasty snack from unripe tomatoes is obtained in the case of using bell pepper. In this case, the recipe for its preparation is divided into several stages:
- Two kilograms of unripe tomatoes are cut into several pieces.
- A pound of bell pepper is cut into thin strips.
- Vegetables are mixed in one container, poured ¼ glass of salt and left for 6 hours so that the juice stands out and the bitterness goes away.
- Then the released juice is drained, and the mass is put on fire with the addition of ½ cup of sugar and a full glass of vegetable oil.
- Half a head of garlic should be cut into thin slices and added to the vegetable mixture.
- The mixture is heated over a fire, but it must be removed before the boiling process begins.
- The appetizer is distributed among the jars and left to cool in the kitchen.
A simple way to prepare a salad for the winter, consisting of green tomatoes, carrots and onions. The recipe for its receipt includes certain stages:
- Two carrots are cut into narrow sticks.
- Two onion heads must be chopped into half rings.
- Unripe tomatoes need to be chopped into rings.
- The ingredients must be mixed and salted. For 12 hours, the mass is left to extract juice.
- Then this juice is drained, then a little oil is added to the vegetable mixture.
- Vegetables are put on fire, a couple of tablespoons of sugar are added to them and boiled over low heat for half an hour.
- Add two tablespoons of vinegar to the finished snack, after which you can lay it out in the jars.
- Deep dishes are filled with water, then jars are placed in it. Boil the containers for 10 minutes and close the lids.
A popular green tomato snack is the Danube Salad. To prepare it, you need to follow a certain order of actions:
- First, unripe tomatoes are chosen without traces of damage or rot. Too large specimens are best cut into pieces. A total of 1.5 kg is taken.
- Six onion heads are peeled and chopped into strips.
- Chop six carrots on a coarse grater.
- The ingredients need to be mixed, 50 g of salt is added to them.
- For two hours, the vegetables are left under the lid so that the juice stands out.
- When time passes, you need to add 50 g of sugar to the salad, add 80 ml of vegetable oil and put the mass on the fire.
- For half an hour, vegetables are boiled over low heat.
- 80 ml of vinegar is added to the finished snack, after which it is laid out in jars.
Korean cuisine is high in spice. Korean-style green tomatoes are no exception. They are cold processed, which assumes compliance with the following recipe:
- First, 20 unripe tomatoes are selected and cut into quarters.
- Three bell peppers are peeled and chopped into thin strips.
- Chop nine garlic cloves in a garlic bowl.
- Greens to taste (dill, basil, sorrel) should be finely chopped.
- The prepared ingredients are mixed.
- 9 large tablespoons of vinegar and oil, 3 tablespoons of sugar and one spoonful of salt are added to the resulting mass.
- From spices, you need 15 g of hot pepper. You can also use a special seasoning made for Korean carrots.
- The prepared salad is laid out in jars that have been cooked and stored in the refrigerator.
Green tomato caviar
An unusual snack is caviar made from green tomatoes and other seasonal vegetables. The cooking procedure in this case includes a certain sequence of stages:
- Unripe tomatoes (3.5 kg) are crushed using a food processor.
- A couple of carrots are rubbed with a coarse grater.
- Two onion heads must be finely chopped.
- Pour some oil into a deep frying pan and fry the onion over low heat until it reaches transparency.
- Then put the carrots in the pan and fry the vegetables for 7 minutes.
- Tomatoes are the last to be placed in the container.
- Mix the mass and add a quarter glass of salt and 140 g of sugar. You also need to add a teaspoon of pepper in the form of peas.
- For three hours, vegetables are stewed over low heat.
- The finished snack is placed in suitable containers. After cooling, it is served to the table or stored in the refrigerator.
Recipe with cucumbers and cabbage
A versatile snack in the winter is a mix of seasonal vegetables. To make a snack of green tomatoes, cabbage and cucumbers, you need to do a number of the following:
- Eight unripe tomatoes are cut into circles. If the pieces are too large, you can cut them into several more pieces.
- Eight cucumbers need to be crumbled with half washers.
- A small head of cabbage should be chopped into thin strips.
- Peel and cut four bell peppers into half rings.
- Chop two carrots with a grater.
- Two onion heads are chopped into strips.
- A couple of garlic cloves should be passed through a press.
- The ingredients are mixed, chopped dill or parsley can be added to them.
- The vegetables are mixed, 70 g of salt is added to them.
- The resulting mass is left for a couple of hours to release the juice.
- Then you need to put the vegetable mixture on the stove and heat it up a little. The mass should not boil, but the components should warm up evenly.
- At the final stage, add three tablespoons of vinegar and six tablespoons of oil.
- Jars are filled with snacks, which are pasteurized in a water bath and closed with lids.
Stuffing with herbs
Tomatoes stuffed with herbs will be a good snack for a festive table. For her, a combination of various types of greens and hot peppers is used.
The recipe for stuffed tomatoes is as follows:
- A kilogram of unripe tomatoes must be washed. Then the top is cut from each floor and the pulp is removed with a spoon.
- For the filling, you need to chop greens (cilantro, dill, parsley, mint, celery), a pod of hot pepper without seeds, a head of garlic.
- Then tomato pulp is added to the resulting mass.
- The filling is stuffed with tomatoes, which are closed with a cut top on top.
- Tomatoes are placed in sterilized containers and proceed to marinade preparation.
- A liter of water is poured into a saucepan, a tablespoon of table salt and granulated sugar are added.
- The liquid should boil, then it is removed from the burner and a tablespoon of vinegar is added.
- Stuffed tomatoes are poured with hot marinade, after which the jars are corked.
A winter snack of green tomatoes can be obtained by marinating them with zucchini, peppers and other vegetables. The cooking procedure takes the following form:
- Unripe tomatoes (2.5 kg) are cut into large circles.
- A kilogram zucchini must be crumbled with half washers. A mature vegetable must first be peeled from seeds and peels.
- Twelve garlic cloves should be cut into thin slices.
- Six onions are cut into half rings.
- Two bell peppers are cut lengthwise into large pieces.
- Several branches of parsley and dill are placed at the bottom of the jars.
- Then all the prepared vegetables are placed in layers.
- The marinade is prepared by boiling 2.5 liters of water, where you need to add 6 tablespoons of salt and 3 tablespoons of granulated sugar.
- From spices, you will need 6 pieces of cloves and bay leaves, as well as 15 peppercorns.
- At the initial stage of the boiling process, the burner is turned off, and 6 tablespoons of vinegar are added to the liquid.
- Vegetables are poured with cooked marinade, and the jars are sealed with lids.
Green tomato salad for the winter is both a full-fledged side dish and a delicious appetizer. You can prepare it in compliance with a certain sequence of actions:
- A glass of rice should be left in cold water for a couple of hours.
- Two kilograms of unripe tomato fruits are cut into rings.
- A couple of carrots are grated on a coarse grater.
- Finely chop one onion.
- Large sweet peppers are crushed into half rings.
- Vegetable ingredients are mixed with rice, 0.3 kg of oil, 50 g of salt and 100 g of sugar are added, after which the mass is placed on the stove.
- The appetizer should be stewed for 40 minutes, when the rice is cooked.
- At the final stage, 40 g of vinegar are added to the mixture.
- The containers are sterilized, then the prepared snack is placed in them.
Various types of snacks are prepared from green tomatoes for the winter. Vegetables can be marinated in brine or simmered over low heat. An appetizer made from tomatoes stuffed with herbs looks original. The finished garnish is prepared from unripe tomatoes and other vegetables canned with rice.