We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
A pool vacuum cleaner is an excellent invention for cleaning its surfaces. Regardless of the quality of the installed filter on the input, plaque forms on the walls of the reservoir and on its bottom. In addition, dirt in the form of leaves and dust often gets into the pool, which, when deposited, creates an unpleasant layer on the surface. Such dirt can be cleaned in many ways, but one of the best is a pool vacuum cleaner. Do it yourself is quite simple, and today it will help to decide on this task.
Pool Cleaning Methods
There are many ways to keep the pool clean. One of them is the constant replacement of water and filling through special filters. In this case, the water will not have time to stagnate and pathogenic organisms cannot quickly develop in it. However, this method is very expensive, because the water will have to be changed at least 1-2 times a week ... and yet it can be a lot.
Depending on the size of the pool, even if a small frame is installed in the country, the amount of water can reach tens of cubic meters. Even the middle pool with dimensions of 4x2 m and a depth of 1.2-1.5 m is already more than 10 cubic meters of liquid. Count only how huge the expense will be. But that's not all. Of course, you can wash the car, irrigate the trees, even rinse the facade of the house or water all the beds in the garden with water from the pool, which has been in it for only a few days. But how much water will it take? Cube, or two? What to do with the rest of the water? Drain into the sewer?
Well, if so, but often there is no central sewage system in the country. Then the water drains into the nearest ditch, but this is fraught with many problems - from the development of harmful microorganisms there to the organization of a small swamp with frogs and snakes.
In general, this is not an option, except that you have only a cube or two pool in the country, for example, a children's inflatable. Then, in principle, the question of cleaning it does not exist. But we are talking about constructions of medium size, and therefore we need to look for the right way.
- You can use a distillation pump with filters, but you must understand that it only purifies water. That is, depending on the applied technology and equipment, the water will be purified from microscopic impurities and organisms that can create a pathogenic environment;
- Chemicals can also be used to clean the pool, which will simply bring water to a dead state. But again, you only get rid of bacteria, but not garbage on the surface of the water and plaque on the walls of the pool;
- The use of a special net will help to collect leaves and pieces of paper from the surface, and a brush with a long handle will remove part of the plaque from the waterline. But the rest of the dirt just settles and remains at the bottom.
As you can see, cleaning a pool that is filled with water is no longer as simple a task as previously assumed when purchasing it. It is necessary to use complex methods, one of which will be a vacuum cleaner.
What is a pool cleaner
This equipment, if you do not particularly go into technical specifications, is a pump for distillation and purification of water with several filters. A long hose comes from the main pumping unit with a handle and a brush, through which dirt and plaque are collected. By brushing the bottom and walls of the pool, the bristles or the rubber base of the brush, you remove dirt from the surface, which, together with water, goes into the hose and reaches the pump, where it is cleaned by passing through a filter or several filters. Depending on the power and general purpose of the vacuum cleaner, the filters inside it can be changed even several times during one cleaning, it all depends on the severity of the pollution.
The unit helps with the cleaning of sludge, as well as plaque, which forms along the waterline.
Most often these are gray and yellow spots, or even a film that needs to be rubbed well so that it moves away from the walls and bottom of the pool.
If you work with the equipment correctly and systematically, it can last you quite a while. In addition, each individual pool cleaning will take much less time.
How is the price of a pool vacuum cleaner formed?
You can buy such equipment without any problems. Today, vacuum cleaners are available in the assortment of companies offering pools and complete equipment for them, as well as among many wholesalers, in online stores, and even in standard retail stores. But the price tag can vary significantly.
At first glance, it’s possible to pay several thousand rubles for a miniature unit, but will he just do the job? On the other hand, is it worth it to purchase powerful equipment and reproach yourself for such serious waste for a long time? Probably, you need to determine some alternative method by which you can find a solution to the issue for minimal money.
Prices for the device can reach up to hundreds of thousands of rubles. For example, robotic vacuum cleaners that move independently along the bottom of the bowl and clean its surface. The same powerful machines from recognized pool manufacturers, recommended, but terribly expensive. Well, and other options that often cost more than they should.
Therefore, we recommend that you read the following several sections of this material, in which you will find interesting tips.
Alternative cleaning of a small cottage pool
We decided to continue the topic, starting from small swimming pools for a summer residence. Let it be inflatable or frame pools, because most often these are the ones we have installed. We will skip capital and composite today, as we are sure that when buying a pool for a million or two, no one will be wise with a device for cleaning it. An integrated system will be acquired on the first day of the purchase of the pool.
Let's continue about small fonts made of plastic, inflatable and frame. They need to be washed and cleaned, because the water heated in the sun in the pool is an excellent environment for many pathogenic pathogens. Therefore, we get rid of them in several effective ways:
- Every day we cover the pool so that nothing superfluous gets into it;
- We accept the procedures only correctly - after a shower, in special bathing clothes, do not forget to remove slippers and do not let animals, even the most beloved ones, into the water;
- More often we collect garbage from the surface of the water with a net or special plastic buckets;
- We use chemistry for pools, which will help to cope with bacteria, algae and other negatives in the water;
- We change water in time;
- And be sure to use the cleaning and washing of the dry pool while it is without water, as well as cleaning and washing with a special vacuum cleaner.
Yes, it will take time, but there is no way to get away from it, especially if you want the procedures to be pleasant and not affect your health negatively.
DIY vacuum cleaner for cleaning the pool
So that you do not have to purchase expensive equipment, we will give you advice on how to make it yourself for a penny. It will be necessary to spend money only on high-quality filters for the pump, as well as chemistry for the pools.
We decided to bypass several models, where the base is created independently. We do not need to think about the design of the pump, because we already have it. But we thought through the cleaning system to the end.
It is really simple, and we will only need to combine the existing pump with a few additional parts.
Vacuum cleaner brush
A brush is that part of the general mechanism for cleaning surfaces that will remove plaque from the pool walls. With its help it will be possible to carry out daily cleaning, if necessary, or to clean more hard dirt, if you carry out cleaning much less often.
The brush can be made with your own hands from different materials, or simply purchased in a store. This is not the most expensive part of the equipment, and therefore everyone can afford a purchase.
If you want to make a brush yourself, then there are several options:
- The first one is that you simply connect a brush from a household vacuum cleaner to the water intake hose with a pump. The set of almost every modern household appliance has a brush that we do not use. It has a very narrow slit, flat and small, for cleaning in corners and behind furniture. It can be used for the pool. But there is one drawback - it is really small, and due to this, the cleaning time can seriously increase;
- Brush made of polypropylene pipe. You need to take a plastic pipe, which is used for distributing water in the house, cut off only 20-30 cm from it and make a cut along the pipe with a width of only 3-5 mm. Next, cut the pipe in half and insert both pieces into the tee p / p, which is also used for wiring in plumbing. Naturally, here you have to use soldering. Now, in the third hole of the tee, install another piece of the whole polypropylene pipe, which will become the adapter between our brush and the hose leading to the pump. And the first two pieces of the pipe, which with a slot, need to be plugged at the edges, for this there are also special plastic plugs. The brush is ready!
- The third type of home-made brush for a water vacuum cleaner is a modernized brush made from a plastic pipe. That is, we take the finished brush that we just created, and add some auxiliary parts to it. It can be an elastic band from an ordinary car wiper that cleans the windshield, which sticks to the pipe with a slot. That gum will help remove dirt from the surface. Also, it can be a thin strip with bristles. Any addition can be glued or screwed with small screws to the pipe!
When creating a brush, you need to make all the edges without sharp corners, so as not to scratch or tear the surface of the pool. You also need to work only with high-quality glue and soldering for polypropylene pipes so that with a minimum effort under water the brush does not fall apart. Pay attention to the fact that the slot in the water intake pipe is offset, depending on the angle of the brush to the walls or the bottom of the pool, and the rubber or bristles that we installed on the brush to scrape away the dirt should not get into the slot and interfere suck in dirt.
Now we need the self-made unit to work. To do this, it must be airtight, first of all.
We take a simple transparent corrugated hose, which in plumbing works is installed on siphons under the sinks, and we fix it at the place of water intake from the pool. Usually it already exists, because through it the pump draws water from the distillation bowl.
Our hose can be connected quite simply, and there are several ways to do this. The first is to use the sewer adapter, selecting it exactly in size so that the rubber fits snugly against the water intake and also snugly surrounds the hose. And, the second is the use of an ordinary plunger, in which you need to make a hole exactly in the middle, where you can install another piece of the pipe. Further, the plunger can be put on the intake, and the vacuum cleaner will be ready to go!
Please note that it is much more convenient to work with rubber sewer adapters or other plumbing parts, since due to the large assortment it will be much easier for you to make the right choice in size.
Another required part is the handle. This can again be the same polypropylene pipe 1.5-2 meters long, which will be installed on the brush. With it, you can set in motion the entire cleaning mechanism.
How the vacuum cleaner works for the pool (video)
Work with a homemade vacuum cleaner
When our equipment is ready, install it and check the operability after turning on the pump. If everything is normal, and the water is sucked in, passes through the filter and is discharged again into the pool, we begin its cleaning.
It would be much more correct to start by cleaning the walls. It is advisable to immediately wash those parts that are above water, which can be done with a regular brush. Next, go along the waterline and vertical walls in the water. And only at the end of cleaning the walls, you can proceed to the cleaning of dirt from the bottom.
You will need only about an hour of time in the middle pool to put it in order. Now the water will be clean and safe, of course, subject to the integrated approach that we spoke about earlier.
A do-it-yourself pool vacuum cleaner is a simple invention that is even fun to work with.
Having spent only half a day on the purchase of everything you need, drawing up the drawing and the assembly itself, you will save a lot of money and you can clean your pool at any time. But if you have other thoughts about our homemade equipment, we will be happy to hear them. Write to us in the comments to the article ... we will be very grateful!